Three Types of Stucco Finishes
If your home improvement project involves stucco in Overton, you will want to be sure you find the right contractor for the job. It is always important to hire good contractors, but it is especially important when they will be doing work such as stucco installation, which is not as common as other contracting duties. You need to work with a people who know how do to the job properly, so you can be sure it will get done right the first time.
When you get the bids, make sure to ask if the work will be guaranteed once it is completed. A quality stucco contractor will stand firmly behind their work, so don’t hesitate to ask this question. If the labor and material are not covered by some form of guarantee, you should quickly move on to the next bid. There are plenty of contractors out there who are willing to stand behind their work, so there is no reason to work with one who isn’t.
Stucco can be messy business. Make sure there is a plan in place to protect the rest of your property from the mess that can be made when stucco is put in. You don’t want to be left with a huge cleanup project after your contractor has left the job site, so ask specific questions as to how they will keep the rest of your property as clean as possible.
Hiring a stucco contractor doesn’t need to be a long and drawn out process, as long as you know what you are looking for from the start. Use the points above to guide your search, and only hire a contractor once you are fully satisfied that they are the perfect selection for the work that you need completed.
How to Patch Exterior Stucco Cracks
Plaster and stucco are different not as much in their ingredients, but in how they are applied. Typically, plaster is used on inside walls and stucco is used on the outside of buildings. The original components of plaster included lime or clay with sand and straw. Animal and plant fibers were often added to add strength to the plaster, especially when it was being used as stucco (exterior wall finish).
Stucco as we know it today started being produced in 1824 when a man named Joseph Aspdin created what is now called Portland cement by cooking and processing clay and lime together in the kitchen that he used as his laboratory. Portland cement added much to the durability of stucco, and was able to withstand the elements on exterior walls.
Though stucco homes didn't become popular until twentieth century America, mentions of plaster and stucco can be found dated way back to ancient Greece. In fact, the word "plaster" is an ancient Greek term meaning "to daub on". Throughout the years, stucco has been an important part of safe and stylish exterior architecture.
There are so many benefits to using stucco for the exterior of your home or business it's no wonder that it has been around for so long! Stucco is very durable and lasts forever. It is both fire and water-resistant. Since it does not trap water, it will not rot or grow fungus, which improves the quality of the interior of your building as well. It retains color for years on end. Essentially, what these all add up to is that stucco saves you money. You don't have to maintain it by getting rid of rot or continually painting it throughout the years to keep its bright color. It is a highly efficient and beautiful exterior wall finish for any building.
If you decide to hire stucco contractors for your stucco application project, make sure you hire people with experience. Also make sure that they are people who are willing to listen to your specific needs and ideas. Stucco can turn the exterior of your home or business into a stylish, efficient and beautiful building!
How to Patch Exterior Stucco Cracks
Stucco is a popular siding material used in buildings and homes. Stucco siding is noticeable in homes with Tuscan-Style or Spanish-Mission Style. A lot of homes in the US already applied stucco for the exterior part of their homes; while others use them for the interiors of their home. Those who are planning to build a new home should certainly consider using this stucco siding for the construction of their house.
Here are the 5 main reasons why you should use stucco siding:
- Stucco is commonly used for the exterior part of the house but some homeowners use stucco siding on the interiors of their home and design it to any pattern they like. You can also hire a craftsman to create great stonework and designs for you. The rustic look of stucco homes makes it more attractive especially with Tuscan or Spanish styles. Many luxurious homes are now built using stucco because it is makes the exterior wall look beautiful. If you want to design your interior using stucco you can use pigments to add color to the stucco siding.
2.) Low Cost and Maintenance
- Stucco is comparatively inexpensive compared to other building materials. Moreover, it is even more durable than other more expensive materials. It also requires low maintenance unlike buildings applied with paint. After a couple of years, paint is removed from the wall so you need to regularly maintain and re-apply paint. But with stucco, you do not need to regularly maintain or fix it. As long as the stucco is applied correctly, then it will last for many, many years.
If you decide to add pigment to stucco, you should make sure the stucco is completely dry so that it will remain strong even after applying color.
- The most wonderful characteristic of stucco is its durability. If properly applied, stucco can last for even up to a hundred years. If you are uncertain on how it is applied, then consult a professional to do the job.
4.) Applicable to many architectural styles
- Stucco can be applied to many architectural styles. It is most common on Tuscan and Spanish styles but depending on what style you like you can create wonderful stonework using stucco siding. You can hire a good artisan to design your walls for you.
5.) Great Weather Repellant
- Stucco can withstand bad weather conditions and can protect your home from both wind and rain. Stucco siding is also fire-resistant thus it can protect your home from damage.
As long as you apply stucco siding correctly, you will enjoy the benefits it can provide you and your home. Use stucco now and see how useful it can be.