If your home improvement project involves stucco in Summerlin West, you will want to be sure you find the right contractor for the job. It is always important to hire good contractors, but it is especially important when they will be doing work such as stucco installation, which is not as common as other contracting duties. You need to work with a people who know how do to the job properly, so you can be sure it will get done right the first time.
When you get the bids, make sure to ask if the work will be guaranteed once it is completed. A quality stucco contractor will stand firmly behind their work, so don’t hesitate to ask this question. If the labor and material are not covered by some form of guarantee, you should quickly move on to the next bid. There are plenty of contractors out there who are willing to stand behind their work, so there is no reason to work with one who isn’t.
Stucco can be messy business. Make sure there is a plan in place to protect the rest of your property from the mess that can be made when stucco is put in. You don’t want to be left with a huge cleanup project after your contractor has left the job site, so ask specific questions as to how they will keep the rest of your property as clean as possible.
Hiring a stucco contractor doesn’t need to be a long and drawn out process, as long as you know what you are looking for from the start. Use the points above to guide your search, and only hire a contractor once you are fully satisfied that they are the perfect selection for the work that you need completed.
Stucco is another name for Portland Cement Plaster. It can be applied both inside and outside. It can be colored and textured, and is fairly easy to keep in good repair. Stucco is best used in warmer climates, as repeated freezes and thaws can cause it to crack. There are one-coat stucco applications available, although it is typically applied in three coats for best results. It does not adhere well to vinyl or aluminum siding, so it is best to remove old siding before applying mesh and stucco. Remove soffits before application, although you may wish to replace them afterward. Stucco can be applied with various tools, brushes or sponges to achieve different textures.
- What is Stucco?
- Purchase stucco application and texturing tools at All-Wall.
- Read about asbestos in your home at the EPA website
- View stucco texture images
You May Also Like
- How to Apply Stucco
Applying stucco is an easy, low-stress way to beautify your house. You get to exercise some of your creativity, as well as...
- How to Apply a Knockdown Texture to Stucco
New paint can freshen up a room, but sometimes you may like to go further and add a textured dimension to the...
- How to Paint Rough Stucco With a Roller
Stucco is a masonry adhesive usually applied to a building's exterior for protection or decoration. Applied as a wet paste, stucco hardens...
- How to do Knockdown Texture Stucco
Stucco texture adds ambiance and a luxuriant feel to a room, but can be difficult to apply. Various texture techniques create a...
- Different Kinds of Stucco Finishes
Stucco materials add a durable finish to your home and can add to its curb appeal when you pick a finish that...
The Life Expectancy of Stucco
Stucco is also known as 'Portland cement plaster'. It is generally used in building repair, to repair leaky windows, decorate exteriors or for any other decorative purposes. Restoration companies use it for restoration projects as it is widely available in various textures and colors.
Exterior stucco can be classified into two types, hard coat stucco and exterior insulation & finish system. Hard coat stucco is commonly used for homes. It is generally cheap, thus gaining popularity for commercial projects. It is a little expensive comparatively and is mostly used in commercial constructions.
Hard coat stucco is generally applied in one coat, two coats and three coats together with a cement base. Three coat system provides 2 rough coats with cement and one finish coat while the one coat process provides the facility of one rough coat and one finish coat. One coat process is much simpler, cheaper and time saving, hence gaining popularity these days. One coat system provides almost the same benefits of three coat system. However, three coat process is much tougher than the other and can withstand cracks in most critical weather conditions.
1. Attractive Look: Stucco can increase the looks of a house. Therefore, it is preferred to use in the interiors of the home. The different design and stonework can add tremendous beauty to your home. Its use is equally appreciated for exterior parts of your house. Various pigments are available to enhance its beauty further.
2. Reduced Cost and Maintenance: It is generally cheaper than other available building materials. It is also maintenance free in comparison to other construction materials and far better than paint. For painted surfaces, you consistently need maintenance which makes it more costly. Stucco applied surfaces don't need any fixes or maintenance for many years. Pigments can be used after it has completely dried.
3. Highly Durable: No building material can beat the durability of the stucco. If applied correctly, it can stand for many years without any maintenance. Seeking professional assistance for such project is a good choice.
4. Architectural styles: Stucco can be used in different architectural styles, especially Spanish. However, an expert artisan can produce great design work using stucco.
5. Good Weather Repellent: Stucco is best for extreme weather conditions and is extremely helpful in blocking rain water. This is fire proof and thus your home can withstand against heat damages.
It is mandatory to use stucco siding correctly in order to utilize its full benefits. You can consult professional services to help you out in this regard.