How Do You Select the Best Stucco Repair Company in Las Vegas?
So you’ve made the decision to have stucco applied to your home. Or, maybe you just need a repair. Either way, you’ll need to look up stucco contractors in Las Vegas so that the project can be completed. You may be tempted to just open up a phone book and call the first contractor with a big ad, but that is not the way to go. Just about anyone can take out an ad, and having a larger one only means that they spent a little more money on advertising. Like any other skilled trade, learning how to apply stucco is not only an art but a science as well. Having the proper insurance, bonding, employees, portfolio of satisfied clients and ethical business practices should be the criteria you base hiring a contractor on. Doing an initial background check on a potential contractor now will save you copious amounts of work later.
First, you need to establish exactly what your project will entail. Then you need to contact a few contractors and ask them for a cost quote. It’s a good idea to let them know right away that you are going to be speaking to several contractors to see what their bids are. This can save you time when trying to negotiate a good price. Throw in some terminology about your specific project if you can. You will appear to be more knowledgeable than the average customer, so you will be less likely to be taken advantage of. Once you have gotten a few quotes, look for the median price. A good contractor will price fairly. Too low of a price may indicate an inexperienced contractor, while a high price may be a predatory contractor. Find the three or four contractors that are close to the median price and contact them for more information.
Qualified stucco contractors will have up to date insurance and licensing. This information will either be on hand, or in their office. Asking to view or make a copy of their paperwork is neither rude nor uncommon. If a contractor acts insulted or repeatedly gives excuses as to why the paperwork cannot be produced, you probably shouldn’t do business with them. Whether these are stalling tactics or they are just really unorganized, they are indicators of an unprofessional business person.
Home Stucco Construction Project Timing - Doing it Right Vs Right Now
Plaster and stucco are different not as much in their ingredients, but in how they are applied. Typically, plaster is used on inside walls and stucco is used on the outside of buildings. The original components of plaster included lime or clay with sand and straw. Animal and plant fibers were often added to add strength to the plaster, especially when it was being used as stucco (exterior wall finish).
Stucco as we know it today started being produced in 1824 when a man named Joseph Aspdin created what is now called Portland cement by cooking and processing clay and lime together in the kitchen that he used as his laboratory. Portland cement added much to the durability of stucco, and was able to withstand the elements on exterior walls.
Though stucco homes didn't become popular until twentieth century America, mentions of plaster and stucco can be found dated way back to ancient Greece. In fact, the word "plaster" is an ancient Greek term meaning "to daub on". Throughout the years, stucco has been an important part of safe and stylish exterior architecture.
There are so many benefits to using stucco for the exterior of your home or business it's no wonder that it has been around for so long! Stucco is very durable and lasts forever. It is both fire and water-resistant. Since it does not trap water, it will not rot or grow fungus, which improves the quality of the interior of your building as well. It retains color for years on end. Essentially, what these all add up to is that stucco saves you money. You don't have to maintain it by getting rid of rot or continually painting it throughout the years to keep its bright color. It is a highly efficient and beautiful exterior wall finish for any building.
If you decide to hire stucco contractors for your stucco application project, make sure you hire people with experience. Also make sure that they are people who are willing to listen to your specific needs and ideas. Stucco can turn the exterior of your home or business into a stylish, efficient and beautiful building!
What Is Stucco And Why Is It On A Home's Exterior?
Stucco is also known as 'Portland cement plaster'. It is generally used in building repair, to repair leaky windows, decorate exteriors or for any other decorative purposes. Restoration companies use it for restoration projects as it is widely available in various textures and colors.
Exterior stucco can be classified into two types, hard coat stucco and exterior insulation & finish system. Hard coat stucco is commonly used for homes. It is generally cheap, thus gaining popularity for commercial projects. It is a little expensive comparatively and is mostly used in commercial constructions.
Hard coat stucco is generally applied in one coat, two coats and three coats together with a cement base. Three coat system provides 2 rough coats with cement and one finish coat while the one coat process provides the facility of one rough coat and one finish coat. One coat process is much simpler, cheaper and time saving, hence gaining popularity these days. One coat system provides almost the same benefits of three coat system. However, three coat process is much tougher than the other and can withstand cracks in most critical weather conditions.
1. Attractive Look: Stucco can increase the looks of a house. Therefore, it is preferred to use in the interiors of the home. The different design and stonework can add tremendous beauty to your home. Its use is equally appreciated for exterior parts of your house. Various pigments are available to enhance its beauty further.
2. Reduced Cost and Maintenance: It is generally cheaper than other available building materials. It is also maintenance free in comparison to other construction materials and far better than paint. For painted surfaces, you consistently need maintenance which makes it more costly. Stucco applied surfaces don't need any fixes or maintenance for many years. Pigments can be used after it has completely dried.
3. Highly Durable: No building material can beat the durability of the stucco. If applied correctly, it can stand for many years without any maintenance. Seeking professional assistance for such project is a good choice.
4. Architectural styles: Stucco can be used in different architectural styles, especially Spanish. However, an expert artisan can produce great design work using stucco.
5. Good Weather Repellent: Stucco is best for extreme weather conditions and is extremely helpful in blocking rain water. This is fire proof and thus your home can withstand against heat damages.
It is mandatory to use stucco siding correctly in order to utilize its full benefits. You can consult professional services to help you out in this regard.
- Stucco Foundation Repair in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Stucco Contractors in North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in East Las Vegas, Nevada
- Repair Damaged Stucco in Winchester, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in Sunrise Manor, Nevada
- Stucco Siding Repair in Spring Valley, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in Desert Shores, Nevada
- Stucco Chimney Repair in Summerlin West, Nevada
- Stucco Siding Repair in Summerlin South, Nevada
- Stucco Repair in Blue Diamond, Nevada
- Stucco Repair in Bard, Nevada
- Stucco Foundation Repair in Southern Highlands, Nevada
- Stucco Foundation Repair in Anthem, Nevada
- Repair Damaged Stucco in Sloan, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in Indian Springs, Nevada
- Stucco Chimney Repair in Overton, Nevada