The Many Benefits Of Stucco
If your home improvement project involves stucco in Boulder City, you will want to be sure you find the right contractor for the job. It is always important to hire good contractors, but it is especially important when they will be doing work such as stucco installation, which is not as common as other contracting duties. You need to work with a people who know how do to the job properly, so you can be sure it will get done right the first time.
When you get the bids, make sure to ask if the work will be guaranteed once it is completed. A quality stucco contractor will stand firmly behind their work, so don’t hesitate to ask this question. If the labor and material are not covered by some form of guarantee, you should quickly move on to the next bid. There are plenty of contractors out there who are willing to stand behind their work, so there is no reason to work with one who isn’t.
Stucco can be messy business. Make sure there is a plan in place to protect the rest of your property from the mess that can be made when stucco is put in. You don’t want to be left with a huge cleanup project after your contractor has left the job site, so ask specific questions as to how they will keep the rest of your property as clean as possible.
Hiring a stucco contractor doesn’t need to be a long and drawn out process, as long as you know what you are looking for from the start. Use the points above to guide your search, and only hire a contractor once you are fully satisfied that they are the perfect selection for the work that you need completed.
Reasons Why You Should Use Stucco Siding
Stucco is another name for Portland Cement Plaster. It can be applied both inside and outside. It can be colored and textured, and is fairly easy to keep in good repair. Stucco is best used in warmer climates, as repeated freezes and thaws can cause it to crack. There are one-coat stucco applications available, although it is typically applied in three coats for best results. It does not adhere well to vinyl or aluminum siding, so it is best to remove old siding before applying mesh and stucco. Remove soffits before application, although you may wish to replace them afterward. Stucco can be applied with various tools, brushes or sponges to achieve different textures.
- What is Stucco?
- Purchase stucco application and texturing tools at All-Wall.
- Read about asbestos in your home at the EPA website
- View stucco texture images
You May Also Like
- How to Apply Stucco
Applying stucco is an easy, low-stress way to beautify your house. You get to exercise some of your creativity, as well as...
- How to Apply a Knockdown Texture to Stucco
New paint can freshen up a room, but sometimes you may like to go further and add a textured dimension to the...
- How to Paint Rough Stucco With a Roller
Stucco is a masonry adhesive usually applied to a building's exterior for protection or decoration. Applied as a wet paste, stucco hardens...
- How to do Knockdown Texture Stucco
Stucco texture adds ambiance and a luxuriant feel to a room, but can be difficult to apply. Various texture techniques create a...
- Different Kinds of Stucco Finishes
Stucco materials add a durable finish to your home and can add to its curb appeal when you pick a finish that...
How to Cover Exterior Brick With Stucco
Stucco is a popular siding material used in buildings and homes. Stucco siding is noticeable in homes with Tuscan-Style or Spanish-Mission Style. A lot of homes in the US already applied stucco for the exterior part of their homes; while others use them for the interiors of their home. Those who are planning to build a new home should certainly consider using this stucco siding for the construction of their house.
Here are the 5 main reasons why you should use stucco siding:
- Stucco is commonly used for the exterior part of the house but some homeowners use stucco siding on the interiors of their home and design it to any pattern they like. You can also hire a craftsman to create great stonework and designs for you. The rustic look of stucco homes makes it more attractive especially with Tuscan or Spanish styles. Many luxurious homes are now built using stucco because it is makes the exterior wall look beautiful. If you want to design your interior using stucco you can use pigments to add color to the stucco siding.
2.) Low Cost and Maintenance
- Stucco is comparatively inexpensive compared to other building materials. Moreover, it is even more durable than other more expensive materials. It also requires low maintenance unlike buildings applied with paint. After a couple of years, paint is removed from the wall so you need to regularly maintain and re-apply paint. But with stucco, you do not need to regularly maintain or fix it. As long as the stucco is applied correctly, then it will last for many, many years.
If you decide to add pigment to stucco, you should make sure the stucco is completely dry so that it will remain strong even after applying color.
- The most wonderful characteristic of stucco is its durability. If properly applied, stucco can last for even up to a hundred years. If you are uncertain on how it is applied, then consult a professional to do the job.
4.) Applicable to many architectural styles
- Stucco can be applied to many architectural styles. It is most common on Tuscan and Spanish styles but depending on what style you like you can create wonderful stonework using stucco siding. You can hire a good artisan to design your walls for you.
5.) Great Weather Repellant
- Stucco can withstand bad weather conditions and can protect your home from both wind and rain. Stucco siding is also fire-resistant thus it can protect your home from damage.
As long as you apply stucco siding correctly, you will enjoy the benefits it can provide you and your home. Use stucco now and see how useful it can be.