How to Repair Stucco Siding on Your Home
If your home improvement project involves stucco in Winchester, you will want to be sure you find the right contractor for the job. It is always important to hire good contractors, but it is especially important when they will be doing work such as stucco installation, which is not as common as other contracting duties. You need to work with a people who know how do to the job properly, so you can be sure it will get done right the first time.
When you get the bids, make sure to ask if the work will be guaranteed once it is completed. A quality stucco contractor will stand firmly behind their work, so don’t hesitate to ask this question. If the labor and material are not covered by some form of guarantee, you should quickly move on to the next bid. There are plenty of contractors out there who are willing to stand behind their work, so there is no reason to work with one who isn’t.
Stucco can be messy business. Make sure there is a plan in place to protect the rest of your property from the mess that can be made when stucco is put in. You don’t want to be left with a huge cleanup project after your contractor has left the job site, so ask specific questions as to how they will keep the rest of your property as clean as possible.
Hiring a stucco contractor doesn’t need to be a long and drawn out process, as long as you know what you are looking for from the start. Use the points above to guide your search, and only hire a contractor once you are fully satisfied that they are the perfect selection for the work that you need completed.
The Benefits Of Stucco Installation At Homes
Stucco is also known as 'Portland cement plaster'. It is generally used in building repair, to repair leaky windows, decorate exteriors or for any other decorative purposes. Restoration companies use it for restoration projects as it is widely available in various textures and colors.
Exterior stucco can be classified into two types, hard coat stucco and exterior insulation & finish system. Hard coat stucco is commonly used for homes. It is generally cheap, thus gaining popularity for commercial projects. It is a little expensive comparatively and is mostly used in commercial constructions.
Hard coat stucco is generally applied in one coat, two coats and three coats together with a cement base. Three coat system provides 2 rough coats with cement and one finish coat while the one coat process provides the facility of one rough coat and one finish coat. One coat process is much simpler, cheaper and time saving, hence gaining popularity these days. One coat system provides almost the same benefits of three coat system. However, three coat process is much tougher than the other and can withstand cracks in most critical weather conditions.
1. Attractive Look: Stucco can increase the looks of a house. Therefore, it is preferred to use in the interiors of the home. The different design and stonework can add tremendous beauty to your home. Its use is equally appreciated for exterior parts of your house. Various pigments are available to enhance its beauty further.
2. Reduced Cost and Maintenance: It is generally cheaper than other available building materials. It is also maintenance free in comparison to other construction materials and far better than paint. For painted surfaces, you consistently need maintenance which makes it more costly. Stucco applied surfaces don't need any fixes or maintenance for many years. Pigments can be used after it has completely dried.
3. Highly Durable: No building material can beat the durability of the stucco. If applied correctly, it can stand for many years without any maintenance. Seeking professional assistance for such project is a good choice.
4. Architectural styles: Stucco can be used in different architectural styles, especially Spanish. However, an expert artisan can produce great design work using stucco.
5. Good Weather Repellent: Stucco is best for extreme weather conditions and is extremely helpful in blocking rain water. This is fire proof and thus your home can withstand against heat damages.
It is mandatory to use stucco siding correctly in order to utilize its full benefits. You can consult professional services to help you out in this regard.
Home Stucco Construction Project Timing - Doing it Right Vs Right Now
Plaster and stucco are different not as much in their ingredients, but in how they are applied. Typically, plaster is used on inside walls and stucco is used on the outside of buildings. The original components of plaster included lime or clay with sand and straw. Animal and plant fibers were often added to add strength to the plaster, especially when it was being used as stucco (exterior wall finish).
Stucco as we know it today started being produced in 1824 when a man named Joseph Aspdin created what is now called Portland cement by cooking and processing clay and lime together in the kitchen that he used as his laboratory. Portland cement added much to the durability of stucco, and was able to withstand the elements on exterior walls.
Though stucco homes didn't become popular until twentieth century America, mentions of plaster and stucco can be found dated way back to ancient Greece. In fact, the word "plaster" is an ancient Greek term meaning "to daub on". Throughout the years, stucco has been an important part of safe and stylish exterior architecture.
There are so many benefits to using stucco for the exterior of your home or business it's no wonder that it has been around for so long! Stucco is very durable and lasts forever. It is both fire and water-resistant. Since it does not trap water, it will not rot or grow fungus, which improves the quality of the interior of your building as well. It retains color for years on end. Essentially, what these all add up to is that stucco saves you money. You don't have to maintain it by getting rid of rot or continually painting it throughout the years to keep its bright color. It is a highly efficient and beautiful exterior wall finish for any building.
If you decide to hire stucco contractors for your stucco application project, make sure you hire people with experience. Also make sure that they are people who are willing to listen to your specific needs and ideas. Stucco can turn the exterior of your home or business into a stylish, efficient and beautiful building!