What to Know About Exterior Stucco Contractors
If your home improvement project involves stucco in Spring Valley, you will want to be sure you find the right contractor for the job. It is always important to hire good contractors, but it is especially important when they will be doing work such as stucco installation, which is not as common as other contracting duties. You need to work with a people who know how do to the job properly, so you can be sure it will get done right the first time.
When you get the bids, make sure to ask if the work will be guaranteed once it is completed. A quality stucco contractor will stand firmly behind their work, so don’t hesitate to ask this question. If the labor and material are not covered by some form of guarantee, you should quickly move on to the next bid. There are plenty of contractors out there who are willing to stand behind their work, so there is no reason to work with one who isn’t.
Stucco can be messy business. Make sure there is a plan in place to protect the rest of your property from the mess that can be made when stucco is put in. You don’t want to be left with a huge cleanup project after your contractor has left the job site, so ask specific questions as to how they will keep the rest of your property as clean as possible.
Hiring a stucco contractor doesn’t need to be a long and drawn out process, as long as you know what you are looking for from the start. Use the points above to guide your search, and only hire a contractor once you are fully satisfied that they are the perfect selection for the work that you need completed.
Three Types of Stucco Finishes
The curb appeal of your home is a huge factor in the value of the property and how fast it will sell if you ever put it on the market. If you are thinking of updating your curb appeal, perhaps it's time for a little home exterior updating. A renovation of the exterior of your home can be costly and time consuming, but an easy and cost effective way to get a new look is to update the exterior material of your home. Listed below are a few popular options for home exterior materials.
One of the most popular ways to update your home's exterior is to add vinyl siding. Many people choose siding because it can be cost effective and durable. Unlike siding made from cedar or other woods, vinyl siding won't ever rot or flake. Because it is made from PVC plastic, it is extremely weather resistant and will hold its color and shape for years. Another popular siding option is stucco. Like vinyl, one reason stucco is so popular is because it is very cost effective and durable.
Stucco is cementitious material made from a combination of water and a special mixture of sand, lime, and other materials. Stucco can be tinted a variety of different colors. Because of the nature of the material, those colors will stay bright for decades and the material will remain in great condition for just as long. Another popular option is brick facing. Brick facing is a great way to get the look of brick without the expense. Brick facing is a brick veneer that can be applied to any existing home exterior to give the appearance of brick. It is long lasting, durable, and comes in many colors and options.
Choices For Home Exterior Materials
Stucco is also known as 'Portland cement plaster'. It is generally used in building repair, to repair leaky windows, decorate exteriors or for any other decorative purposes. Restoration companies use it for restoration projects as it is widely available in various textures and colors.
Exterior stucco can be classified into two types, hard coat stucco and exterior insulation & finish system. Hard coat stucco is commonly used for homes. It is generally cheap, thus gaining popularity for commercial projects. It is a little expensive comparatively and is mostly used in commercial constructions.
Hard coat stucco is generally applied in one coat, two coats and three coats together with a cement base. Three coat system provides 2 rough coats with cement and one finish coat while the one coat process provides the facility of one rough coat and one finish coat. One coat process is much simpler, cheaper and time saving, hence gaining popularity these days. One coat system provides almost the same benefits of three coat system. However, three coat process is much tougher than the other and can withstand cracks in most critical weather conditions.
1. Attractive Look: Stucco can increase the looks of a house. Therefore, it is preferred to use in the interiors of the home. The different design and stonework can add tremendous beauty to your home. Its use is equally appreciated for exterior parts of your house. Various pigments are available to enhance its beauty further.
2. Reduced Cost and Maintenance: It is generally cheaper than other available building materials. It is also maintenance free in comparison to other construction materials and far better than paint. For painted surfaces, you consistently need maintenance which makes it more costly. Stucco applied surfaces don't need any fixes or maintenance for many years. Pigments can be used after it has completely dried.
3. Highly Durable: No building material can beat the durability of the stucco. If applied correctly, it can stand for many years without any maintenance. Seeking professional assistance for such project is a good choice.
4. Architectural styles: Stucco can be used in different architectural styles, especially Spanish. However, an expert artisan can produce great design work using stucco.
5. Good Weather Repellent: Stucco is best for extreme weather conditions and is extremely helpful in blocking rain water. This is fire proof and thus your home can withstand against heat damages.
It is mandatory to use stucco siding correctly in order to utilize its full benefits. You can consult professional services to help you out in this regard.