How Do You Select the Best Stucco Repair Company in Paradise?
So you’ve made the decision to have stucco applied to your home. Or, maybe you just need a repair. Either way, you’ll need to look up stucco contractors in Paradise so that the project can be completed. You may be tempted to just open up a phone book and call the first contractor with a big ad, but that is not the way to go. Just about anyone can take out an ad, and having a larger one only means that they spent a little more money on advertising. Like any other skilled trade, learning how to apply stucco is not only an art but a science as well. Having the proper insurance, bonding, employees, portfolio of satisfied clients and ethical business practices should be the criteria you base hiring a contractor on. Doing an initial background check on a potential contractor now will save you copious amounts of work later.
First, you need to establish exactly what your project will entail. Then you need to contact a few contractors and ask them for a cost quote. It’s a good idea to let them know right away that you are going to be speaking to several contractors to see what their bids are. This can save you time when trying to negotiate a good price. Throw in some terminology about your specific project if you can. You will appear to be more knowledgeable than the average customer, so you will be less likely to be taken advantage of. Once you have gotten a few quotes, look for the median price. A good contractor will price fairly. Too low of a price may indicate an inexperienced contractor, while a high price may be a predatory contractor. Find the three or four contractors that are close to the median price and contact them for more information.
Qualified stucco contractors will have up to date insurance and licensing. This information will either be on hand, or in their office. Asking to view or make a copy of their paperwork is neither rude nor uncommon. If a contractor acts insulted or repeatedly gives excuses as to why the paperwork cannot be produced, you probably shouldn’t do business with them. Whether these are stalling tactics or they are just really unorganized, they are indicators of an unprofessional business person.
Reasons Why You Should Use Stucco Siding
Plaster and stucco are different not as much in their ingredients, but in how they are applied. Typically, plaster is used on inside walls and stucco is used on the outside of buildings. The original components of plaster included lime or clay with sand and straw. Animal and plant fibers were often added to add strength to the plaster, especially when it was being used as stucco (exterior wall finish).
Stucco as we know it today started being produced in 1824 when a man named Joseph Aspdin created what is now called Portland cement by cooking and processing clay and lime together in the kitchen that he used as his laboratory. Portland cement added much to the durability of stucco, and was able to withstand the elements on exterior walls.
Though stucco homes didn't become popular until twentieth century America, mentions of plaster and stucco can be found dated way back to ancient Greece. In fact, the word "plaster" is an ancient Greek term meaning "to daub on". Throughout the years, stucco has been an important part of safe and stylish exterior architecture.
There are so many benefits to using stucco for the exterior of your home or business it's no wonder that it has been around for so long! Stucco is very durable and lasts forever. It is both fire and water-resistant. Since it does not trap water, it will not rot or grow fungus, which improves the quality of the interior of your building as well. It retains color for years on end. Essentially, what these all add up to is that stucco saves you money. You don't have to maintain it by getting rid of rot or continually painting it throughout the years to keep its bright color. It is a highly efficient and beautiful exterior wall finish for any building.
If you decide to hire stucco contractors for your stucco application project, make sure you hire people with experience. Also make sure that they are people who are willing to listen to your specific needs and ideas. Stucco can turn the exterior of your home or business into a stylish, efficient and beautiful building!
The Life Expectancy of Stucco
Stucco is a popular siding material used in buildings and homes. Stucco siding is noticeable in homes with Tuscan-Style or Spanish-Mission Style. A lot of homes in the US already applied stucco for the exterior part of their homes; while others use them for the interiors of their home. Those who are planning to build a new home should certainly consider using this stucco siding for the construction of their house.
Here are the 5 main reasons why you should use stucco siding:
- Stucco is commonly used for the exterior part of the house but some homeowners use stucco siding on the interiors of their home and design it to any pattern they like. You can also hire a craftsman to create great stonework and designs for you. The rustic look of stucco homes makes it more attractive especially with Tuscan or Spanish styles. Many luxurious homes are now built using stucco because it is makes the exterior wall look beautiful. If you want to design your interior using stucco you can use pigments to add color to the stucco siding.
2.) Low Cost and Maintenance
- Stucco is comparatively inexpensive compared to other building materials. Moreover, it is even more durable than other more expensive materials. It also requires low maintenance unlike buildings applied with paint. After a couple of years, paint is removed from the wall so you need to regularly maintain and re-apply paint. But with stucco, you do not need to regularly maintain or fix it. As long as the stucco is applied correctly, then it will last for many, many years.
If you decide to add pigment to stucco, you should make sure the stucco is completely dry so that it will remain strong even after applying color.
- The most wonderful characteristic of stucco is its durability. If properly applied, stucco can last for even up to a hundred years. If you are uncertain on how it is applied, then consult a professional to do the job.
4.) Applicable to many architectural styles
- Stucco can be applied to many architectural styles. It is most common on Tuscan and Spanish styles but depending on what style you like you can create wonderful stonework using stucco siding. You can hire a good artisan to design your walls for you.
5.) Great Weather Repellant
- Stucco can withstand bad weather conditions and can protect your home from both wind and rain. Stucco siding is also fire-resistant thus it can protect your home from damage.
As long as you apply stucco siding correctly, you will enjoy the benefits it can provide you and your home. Use stucco now and see how useful it can be.