The Many Benefits Of Stucco
If your home improvement project involves stucco in Winchester, you will want to be sure you find the right contractor for the job. It is always important to hire good contractors, but it is especially important when they will be doing work such as stucco installation, which is not as common as other contracting duties. You need to work with a people who know how do to the job properly, so you can be sure it will get done right the first time.
When you get the bids, make sure to ask if the work will be guaranteed once it is completed. A quality stucco contractor will stand firmly behind their work, so don’t hesitate to ask this question. If the labor and material are not covered by some form of guarantee, you should quickly move on to the next bid. There are plenty of contractors out there who are willing to stand behind their work, so there is no reason to work with one who isn’t.
Stucco can be messy business. Make sure there is a plan in place to protect the rest of your property from the mess that can be made when stucco is put in. You don’t want to be left with a huge cleanup project after your contractor has left the job site, so ask specific questions as to how they will keep the rest of your property as clean as possible.
Hiring a stucco contractor doesn’t need to be a long and drawn out process, as long as you know what you are looking for from the start. Use the points above to guide your search, and only hire a contractor once you are fully satisfied that they are the perfect selection for the work that you need completed.
Can You Spray Stucco on Existing Stucco?
Stucco Ceiling Painting
Stucco repairs usually happen when something goes wrong above the drywall in the ceiling - Probably a leaking toilet or an overflowed bathtub or sink. If this problem was caught quick enough and all that happened was the drywall got a little damp and stained the stucco and didn't ruin the adhesion between the stucco and the drywall, you're safe.
So if you have a brown stain or black stain on your ceiling in the stucco all you have to do is seal the stain with some stain killer in a spray can. Probably the color of the stain killer in the can is not the same color as the rest of the ceiling.
If you have to repaint the ceiling, and the ceiling was never painted before, you will have to paint this with some oil based paint.
Things you will need, make sure the floors are properly covered. You might want to cover the walls also so that the roller spray doesn't spray onto the wall. You'll need one gallon of flat oil paint probably or two depending on the size of your ceiling and also do consider that a never painted ceiling uses up more paint. Make sure you have a gallon of paint thinner or solvent for any cleaning.
The way I recommend painting ceilings is in three-foot squares, don't try to paint in long strokes. Just keep it above your head basically and paint boxes just overhead and overlap the boxes as you make them. and the other comment that I can add to this, don't be cheap with the paint. The more you try to stretch the paint the bigger chance you will have leaving streaks or misses or blotchy marks.
How to Apply Stucco Textures
Stucco is a popular siding material used in buildings and homes. Stucco siding is noticeable in homes with Tuscan-Style or Spanish-Mission Style. A lot of homes in the US already applied stucco for the exterior part of their homes; while others use them for the interiors of their home. Those who are planning to build a new home should certainly consider using this stucco siding for the construction of their house.
Here are the 5 main reasons why you should use stucco siding:
- Stucco is commonly used for the exterior part of the house but some homeowners use stucco siding on the interiors of their home and design it to any pattern they like. You can also hire a craftsman to create great stonework and designs for you. The rustic look of stucco homes makes it more attractive especially with Tuscan or Spanish styles. Many luxurious homes are now built using stucco because it is makes the exterior wall look beautiful. If you want to design your interior using stucco you can use pigments to add color to the stucco siding.
2.) Low Cost and Maintenance
- Stucco is comparatively inexpensive compared to other building materials. Moreover, it is even more durable than other more expensive materials. It also requires low maintenance unlike buildings applied with paint. After a couple of years, paint is removed from the wall so you need to regularly maintain and re-apply paint. But with stucco, you do not need to regularly maintain or fix it. As long as the stucco is applied correctly, then it will last for many, many years.
If you decide to add pigment to stucco, you should make sure the stucco is completely dry so that it will remain strong even after applying color.
- The most wonderful characteristic of stucco is its durability. If properly applied, stucco can last for even up to a hundred years. If you are uncertain on how it is applied, then consult a professional to do the job.
4.) Applicable to many architectural styles
- Stucco can be applied to many architectural styles. It is most common on Tuscan and Spanish styles but depending on what style you like you can create wonderful stonework using stucco siding. You can hire a good artisan to design your walls for you.
5.) Great Weather Repellant
- Stucco can withstand bad weather conditions and can protect your home from both wind and rain. Stucco siding is also fire-resistant thus it can protect your home from damage.
As long as you apply stucco siding correctly, you will enjoy the benefits it can provide you and your home. Use stucco now and see how useful it can be.