How to Cover Exterior Brick With Stucco
If your home improvement project involves stucco in Spring Valley, you will want to be sure you find the right contractor for the job. It is always important to hire good contractors, but it is especially important when they will be doing work such as stucco installation, which is not as common as other contracting duties. You need to work with a people who know how do to the job properly, so you can be sure it will get done right the first time.
When you get the bids, make sure to ask if the work will be guaranteed once it is completed. A quality stucco contractor will stand firmly behind their work, so don’t hesitate to ask this question. If the labor and material are not covered by some form of guarantee, you should quickly move on to the next bid. There are plenty of contractors out there who are willing to stand behind their work, so there is no reason to work with one who isn’t.
Stucco can be messy business. Make sure there is a plan in place to protect the rest of your property from the mess that can be made when stucco is put in. You don’t want to be left with a huge cleanup project after your contractor has left the job site, so ask specific questions as to how they will keep the rest of your property as clean as possible.
Hiring a stucco contractor doesn’t need to be a long and drawn out process, as long as you know what you are looking for from the start. Use the points above to guide your search, and only hire a contractor once you are fully satisfied that they are the perfect selection for the work that you need completed.
How to Apply Stucco Textures
The curb appeal of your home is a huge factor in the value of the property and how fast it will sell if you ever put it on the market. If you are thinking of updating your curb appeal, perhaps it's time for a little home exterior updating. A renovation of the exterior of your home can be costly and time consuming, but an easy and cost effective way to get a new look is to update the exterior material of your home. Listed below are a few popular options for home exterior materials.
One of the most popular ways to update your home's exterior is to add vinyl siding. Many people choose siding because it can be cost effective and durable. Unlike siding made from cedar or other woods, vinyl siding won't ever rot or flake. Because it is made from PVC plastic, it is extremely weather resistant and will hold its color and shape for years. Another popular siding option is stucco. Like vinyl, one reason stucco is so popular is because it is very cost effective and durable.
Stucco is cementitious material made from a combination of water and a special mixture of sand, lime, and other materials. Stucco can be tinted a variety of different colors. Because of the nature of the material, those colors will stay bright for decades and the material will remain in great condition for just as long. Another popular option is brick facing. Brick facing is a great way to get the look of brick without the expense. Brick facing is a brick veneer that can be applied to any existing home exterior to give the appearance of brick. It is long lasting, durable, and comes in many colors and options.
How to Apply Exterior Stucco
Stucco is a popular siding material used in buildings and homes. Stucco siding is noticeable in homes with Tuscan-Style or Spanish-Mission Style. A lot of homes in the US already applied stucco for the exterior part of their homes; while others use them for the interiors of their home. Those who are planning to build a new home should certainly consider using this stucco siding for the construction of their house.
Here are the 5 main reasons why you should use stucco siding:
- Stucco is commonly used for the exterior part of the house but some homeowners use stucco siding on the interiors of their home and design it to any pattern they like. You can also hire a craftsman to create great stonework and designs for you. The rustic look of stucco homes makes it more attractive especially with Tuscan or Spanish styles. Many luxurious homes are now built using stucco because it is makes the exterior wall look beautiful. If you want to design your interior using stucco you can use pigments to add color to the stucco siding.
2.) Low Cost and Maintenance
- Stucco is comparatively inexpensive compared to other building materials. Moreover, it is even more durable than other more expensive materials. It also requires low maintenance unlike buildings applied with paint. After a couple of years, paint is removed from the wall so you need to regularly maintain and re-apply paint. But with stucco, you do not need to regularly maintain or fix it. As long as the stucco is applied correctly, then it will last for many, many years.
If you decide to add pigment to stucco, you should make sure the stucco is completely dry so that it will remain strong even after applying color.
- The most wonderful characteristic of stucco is its durability. If properly applied, stucco can last for even up to a hundred years. If you are uncertain on how it is applied, then consult a professional to do the job.
4.) Applicable to many architectural styles
- Stucco can be applied to many architectural styles. It is most common on Tuscan and Spanish styles but depending on what style you like you can create wonderful stonework using stucco siding. You can hire a good artisan to design your walls for you.
5.) Great Weather Repellant
- Stucco can withstand bad weather conditions and can protect your home from both wind and rain. Stucco siding is also fire-resistant thus it can protect your home from damage.
As long as you apply stucco siding correctly, you will enjoy the benefits it can provide you and your home. Use stucco now and see how useful it can be.