What Is Stucco And Why Is It On A Home's Exterior?
If your home improvement project involves stucco in Overton, you will want to be sure you find the right contractor for the job. It is always important to hire good contractors, but it is especially important when they will be doing work such as stucco installation, which is not as common as other contracting duties. You need to work with a people who know how do to the job properly, so you can be sure it will get done right the first time.
When you get the bids, make sure to ask if the work will be guaranteed once it is completed. A quality stucco contractor will stand firmly behind their work, so don’t hesitate to ask this question. If the labor and material are not covered by some form of guarantee, you should quickly move on to the next bid. There are plenty of contractors out there who are willing to stand behind their work, so there is no reason to work with one who isn’t.
Stucco can be messy business. Make sure there is a plan in place to protect the rest of your property from the mess that can be made when stucco is put in. You don’t want to be left with a huge cleanup project after your contractor has left the job site, so ask specific questions as to how they will keep the rest of your property as clean as possible.
Hiring a stucco contractor doesn’t need to be a long and drawn out process, as long as you know what you are looking for from the start. Use the points above to guide your search, and only hire a contractor once you are fully satisfied that they are the perfect selection for the work that you need completed.
The Many Benefits Of Stucco
Stucco is a popular siding material used in buildings and homes. Stucco siding is noticeable in homes with Tuscan-Style or Spanish-Mission Style. A lot of homes in the US already applied stucco for the exterior part of their homes; while others use them for the interiors of their home. Those who are planning to build a new home should certainly consider using this stucco siding for the construction of their house.
Here are the 5 main reasons why you should use stucco siding:
- Stucco is commonly used for the exterior part of the house but some homeowners use stucco siding on the interiors of their home and design it to any pattern they like. You can also hire a craftsman to create great stonework and designs for you. The rustic look of stucco homes makes it more attractive especially with Tuscan or Spanish styles. Many luxurious homes are now built using stucco because it is makes the exterior wall look beautiful. If you want to design your interior using stucco you can use pigments to add color to the stucco siding.
2.) Low Cost and Maintenance
- Stucco is comparatively inexpensive compared to other building materials. Moreover, it is even more durable than other more expensive materials. It also requires low maintenance unlike buildings applied with paint. After a couple of years, paint is removed from the wall so you need to regularly maintain and re-apply paint. But with stucco, you do not need to regularly maintain or fix it. As long as the stucco is applied correctly, then it will last for many, many years.
If you decide to add pigment to stucco, you should make sure the stucco is completely dry so that it will remain strong even after applying color.
- The most wonderful characteristic of stucco is its durability. If properly applied, stucco can last for even up to a hundred years. If you are uncertain on how it is applied, then consult a professional to do the job.
4.) Applicable to many architectural styles
- Stucco can be applied to many architectural styles. It is most common on Tuscan and Spanish styles but depending on what style you like you can create wonderful stonework using stucco siding. You can hire a good artisan to design your walls for you.
5.) Great Weather Repellant
- Stucco can withstand bad weather conditions and can protect your home from both wind and rain. Stucco siding is also fire-resistant thus it can protect your home from damage.
As long as you apply stucco siding correctly, you will enjoy the benefits it can provide you and your home. Use stucco now and see how useful it can be.
Addressing Stucco Failure
Making the decision to do any large amount of work to your home is a little nerve wracking to say the least. You have to decide what you feel is the main priority and who is going to be best suited to do the work. As any do it yourselfer who has ended up with a less than well done home improvement project can tell you, you are often better off to let the professionals handle it. Take the exterior stucco contractors for example. If you have never dealt with finding and hiring such a well trained, specific contractor before, the task can seem overwhelming. With a little bit of knowledge about stucco and contractors in general, you won't have any trouble deciding on the right professional for your project.
As with any kind of home improvement help, with exterior stucco contractors, the first thing you want to do is get together a list of names. You can find this list from the phone book, online resources, or better yet, from someone you know personally who has worked with the contractors before. Try to find at least 3 different stucco contractors to talk to. They should be willing to come to your home, look the house over, and offer a free estimate. While you have the exterior stucco contractor's undivided attention, be sure to ask him or her any pressing questions that might be on your mind.
As any of the exterior stucco contractors can doubtless tell you, applying stucco is much like painting a picture. Every contractor has his or her own way of doing it. One contractor's texture and finish is nothing like the next ones. You can be sure you will be happy with the results by asking to see samples of every exterior stucco contractor's work you interview. Prices aren't likely to vary much, but your reference for their work certainly will. Once you have chosen your contractor, you can look forward to a brand new look for your home.