How Do You Select the Best Stucco Repair Company in Las Vegas?
So you’ve made the decision to have stucco applied to your home. Or, maybe you just need a repair. Either way, you’ll need to look up stucco contractors in Las Vegas so that the project can be completed. You may be tempted to just open up a phone book and call the first contractor with a big ad, but that is not the way to go. Just about anyone can take out an ad, and having a larger one only means that they spent a little more money on advertising. Like any other skilled trade, learning how to apply stucco is not only an art but a science as well. Having the proper insurance, bonding, employees, portfolio of satisfied clients and ethical business practices should be the criteria you base hiring a contractor on. Doing an initial background check on a potential contractor now will save you copious amounts of work later.
First, you need to establish exactly what your project will entail. Then you need to contact a few contractors and ask them for a cost quote. It’s a good idea to let them know right away that you are going to be speaking to several contractors to see what their bids are. This can save you time when trying to negotiate a good price. Throw in some terminology about your specific project if you can. You will appear to be more knowledgeable than the average customer, so you will be less likely to be taken advantage of. Once you have gotten a few quotes, look for the median price. A good contractor will price fairly. Too low of a price may indicate an inexperienced contractor, while a high price may be a predatory contractor. Find the three or four contractors that are close to the median price and contact them for more information.
Qualified stucco contractors will have up to date insurance and licensing. This information will either be on hand, or in their office. Asking to view or make a copy of their paperwork is neither rude nor uncommon. If a contractor acts insulted or repeatedly gives excuses as to why the paperwork cannot be produced, you probably shouldn’t do business with them. Whether these are stalling tactics or they are just really unorganized, they are indicators of an unprofessional business person.
Stucco House Problems
Stucco is also known as 'Portland cement plaster'. It is generally used in building repair, to repair leaky windows, decorate exteriors or for any other decorative purposes. Restoration companies use it for restoration projects as it is widely available in various textures and colors.
Exterior stucco can be classified into two types, hard coat stucco and exterior insulation & finish system. Hard coat stucco is commonly used for homes. It is generally cheap, thus gaining popularity for commercial projects. It is a little expensive comparatively and is mostly used in commercial constructions.
Hard coat stucco is generally applied in one coat, two coats and three coats together with a cement base. Three coat system provides 2 rough coats with cement and one finish coat while the one coat process provides the facility of one rough coat and one finish coat. One coat process is much simpler, cheaper and time saving, hence gaining popularity these days. One coat system provides almost the same benefits of three coat system. However, three coat process is much tougher than the other and can withstand cracks in most critical weather conditions.
1. Attractive Look: Stucco can increase the looks of a house. Therefore, it is preferred to use in the interiors of the home. The different design and stonework can add tremendous beauty to your home. Its use is equally appreciated for exterior parts of your house. Various pigments are available to enhance its beauty further.
2. Reduced Cost and Maintenance: It is generally cheaper than other available building materials. It is also maintenance free in comparison to other construction materials and far better than paint. For painted surfaces, you consistently need maintenance which makes it more costly. Stucco applied surfaces don't need any fixes or maintenance for many years. Pigments can be used after it has completely dried.
3. Highly Durable: No building material can beat the durability of the stucco. If applied correctly, it can stand for many years without any maintenance. Seeking professional assistance for such project is a good choice.
4. Architectural styles: Stucco can be used in different architectural styles, especially Spanish. However, an expert artisan can produce great design work using stucco.
5. Good Weather Repellent: Stucco is best for extreme weather conditions and is extremely helpful in blocking rain water. This is fire proof and thus your home can withstand against heat damages.
It is mandatory to use stucco siding correctly in order to utilize its full benefits. You can consult professional services to help you out in this regard.
How to Paint Stucco the Right Way
Stucco is a material used to cover concrete, brick or cinder block, primarily for exterior construction. Stucco is made of aggregate like sand or cement, binder and water and applied to a surface while it is wet. Often sprayed on, stucco hardens to a solid surface as is dries. Modern stucco often includes acrylic fiber and other synthetic materials that add strength and weather-proofing properties. Stucco stands up to many climates, and can last for decades. Stucco that has cracks, holes or other damage can be repaired by spraying on new stucco.
You May Also Like
- How to Apply Stucco Over Wood Siding
Stucco is a building material that is used to provide a textured finish to walls, ceilings and other surfaces. Its a great...
- How to Paint a Stucco House
Stucco is a building material that dates back to the ancient civilizations. A mixture of cement, sand and water, stucco is highly...
- How to Apply Stucco Over Old Stucco
Stucco is a building material made from Portland cement, sand, lime and water. It has been used for centuries to finish exterior...
- How to Remove Spray Paint From Stucco
In the old days, exterior painting projects took quite a bit longer than they do today. Before the advent of electric and...
- How to Apply Stucco Spray
Stucco spray is a simple and inexpensive way to conceal slight blemishes over large expanses of ceiling or walls. Workers typically perform...
- How to Tell If My Siding Is Synthetic Stucco
Synthetic stucco, also known as "exterior insulation and finishing system" or EIFS, has been used since the 1950s as a highly efficient,...
- Stucco Foundation Repair in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Stucco Contractors in North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in East Las Vegas, Nevada
- Repair Damaged Stucco in Winchester, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in Sunrise Manor, Nevada
- Stucco Siding Repair in Spring Valley, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in Desert Shores, Nevada
- Stucco Chimney Repair in Summerlin West, Nevada
- Stucco Siding Repair in Summerlin South, Nevada
- Stucco Repair in Blue Diamond, Nevada
- Stucco Repair in Bard, Nevada
- Stucco Foundation Repair in Southern Highlands, Nevada
- Stucco Foundation Repair in Anthem, Nevada
- Repair Damaged Stucco in Sloan, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in Indian Springs, Nevada
- Stucco Chimney Repair in Overton, Nevada