How Do You Select the Best Stucco Repair Company in Las Vegas?
So you’ve made the decision to have stucco applied to your home. Or, maybe you just need a repair. Either way, you’ll need to look up stucco contractors in Las Vegas so that the project can be completed. You may be tempted to just open up a phone book and call the first contractor with a big ad, but that is not the way to go. Just about anyone can take out an ad, and having a larger one only means that they spent a little more money on advertising. Like any other skilled trade, learning how to apply stucco is not only an art but a science as well. Having the proper insurance, bonding, employees, portfolio of satisfied clients and ethical business practices should be the criteria you base hiring a contractor on. Doing an initial background check on a potential contractor now will save you copious amounts of work later.
First, you need to establish exactly what your project will entail. Then you need to contact a few contractors and ask them for a cost quote. It’s a good idea to let them know right away that you are going to be speaking to several contractors to see what their bids are. This can save you time when trying to negotiate a good price. Throw in some terminology about your specific project if you can. You will appear to be more knowledgeable than the average customer, so you will be less likely to be taken advantage of. Once you have gotten a few quotes, look for the median price. A good contractor will price fairly. Too low of a price may indicate an inexperienced contractor, while a high price may be a predatory contractor. Find the three or four contractors that are close to the median price and contact them for more information.
Qualified stucco contractors will have up to date insurance and licensing. This information will either be on hand, or in their office. Asking to view or make a copy of their paperwork is neither rude nor uncommon. If a contractor acts insulted or repeatedly gives excuses as to why the paperwork cannot be produced, you probably shouldn’t do business with them. Whether these are stalling tactics or they are just really unorganized, they are indicators of an unprofessional business person.
The Benefits Of Stucco Installation At Homes
Stucco is another name for Portland Cement Plaster. It can be applied both inside and outside. It can be colored and textured, and is fairly easy to keep in good repair. Stucco is best used in warmer climates, as repeated freezes and thaws can cause it to crack. There are one-coat stucco applications available, although it is typically applied in three coats for best results. It does not adhere well to vinyl or aluminum siding, so it is best to remove old siding before applying mesh and stucco. Remove soffits before application, although you may wish to replace them afterward. Stucco can be applied with various tools, brushes or sponges to achieve different textures.
- What is Stucco?
- Purchase stucco application and texturing tools at All-Wall.
- Read about asbestos in your home at the EPA website
- View stucco texture images
You May Also Like
- How to Apply Stucco
Applying stucco is an easy, low-stress way to beautify your house. You get to exercise some of your creativity, as well as...
- How to Apply a Knockdown Texture to Stucco
New paint can freshen up a room, but sometimes you may like to go further and add a textured dimension to the...
- How to Paint Rough Stucco With a Roller
Stucco is a masonry adhesive usually applied to a building's exterior for protection or decoration. Applied as a wet paste, stucco hardens...
- How to do Knockdown Texture Stucco
Stucco texture adds ambiance and a luxuriant feel to a room, but can be difficult to apply. Various texture techniques create a...
- Different Kinds of Stucco Finishes
Stucco materials add a durable finish to your home and can add to its curb appeal when you pick a finish that...
How to Apply Stucco Textures
Stucco is also known as 'Portland cement plaster'. It is generally used in building repair, to repair leaky windows, decorate exteriors or for any other decorative purposes. Restoration companies use it for restoration projects as it is widely available in various textures and colors.
Exterior stucco can be classified into two types, hard coat stucco and exterior insulation & finish system. Hard coat stucco is commonly used for homes. It is generally cheap, thus gaining popularity for commercial projects. It is a little expensive comparatively and is mostly used in commercial constructions.
Hard coat stucco is generally applied in one coat, two coats and three coats together with a cement base. Three coat system provides 2 rough coats with cement and one finish coat while the one coat process provides the facility of one rough coat and one finish coat. One coat process is much simpler, cheaper and time saving, hence gaining popularity these days. One coat system provides almost the same benefits of three coat system. However, three coat process is much tougher than the other and can withstand cracks in most critical weather conditions.
1. Attractive Look: Stucco can increase the looks of a house. Therefore, it is preferred to use in the interiors of the home. The different design and stonework can add tremendous beauty to your home. Its use is equally appreciated for exterior parts of your house. Various pigments are available to enhance its beauty further.
2. Reduced Cost and Maintenance: It is generally cheaper than other available building materials. It is also maintenance free in comparison to other construction materials and far better than paint. For painted surfaces, you consistently need maintenance which makes it more costly. Stucco applied surfaces don't need any fixes or maintenance for many years. Pigments can be used after it has completely dried.
3. Highly Durable: No building material can beat the durability of the stucco. If applied correctly, it can stand for many years without any maintenance. Seeking professional assistance for such project is a good choice.
4. Architectural styles: Stucco can be used in different architectural styles, especially Spanish. However, an expert artisan can produce great design work using stucco.
5. Good Weather Repellent: Stucco is best for extreme weather conditions and is extremely helpful in blocking rain water. This is fire proof and thus your home can withstand against heat damages.
It is mandatory to use stucco siding correctly in order to utilize its full benefits. You can consult professional services to help you out in this regard.
- Stucco Foundation Repair in Las Vegas, Nevada
- Stucco Contractors in North Las Vegas, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in East Las Vegas, Nevada
- Repair Damaged Stucco in Winchester, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in Sunrise Manor, Nevada
- Stucco Siding Repair in Spring Valley, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in Desert Shores, Nevada
- Stucco Chimney Repair in Summerlin West, Nevada
- Stucco Siding Repair in Summerlin South, Nevada
- Stucco Repair in Blue Diamond, Nevada
- Stucco Repair in Bard, Nevada
- Stucco Foundation Repair in Southern Highlands, Nevada
- Stucco Foundation Repair in Anthem, Nevada
- Repair Damaged Stucco in Sloan, Nevada
- Stucco Repair Companies in Indian Springs, Nevada
- Stucco Chimney Repair in Overton, Nevada